This is a super simple, but flavor packed recipe! It’s clean eating, easy, and it can be made in about 45 minutes, but it tastes like it has been simmering for hours!
Bonus: Kid friendly! All 3 of my children eat this without complaints.
Classic Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground chuck or ground turkey
- 1 (14oz) can organic tomato sauce
- 1 (14oz) can organic fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (14oz) can organic black beans
- 1 (14oz) can organic kidney beans
- Homemade Chili seasoning (see below)
- Toppings: shredded cheddar, sour cream, tortilla chips, hot sauce…whatever you love
Brown ground beef in a medium size saucepan over medium heat. Drain if needed (a little grease adds flavor). Add tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Drain the bean and add them to the chili. Add in chili seasoning. Bring to a boil, then turn down heat, and simmer for 30 minutes. Top with your favorite toppings.
I would say this is a mild to medium heat chili. It easily serves my family of 5 and leaves enough for left overs the next day.
Homemade Chili Seasoning
- 4 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
Mix all together in a mortar and pestle or small bowl.